About The Study
Who runs this study?
The study is sponsored by the NIH National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke in collaboration with the following NIH institutes and centers:
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease
- National Institute of Aging
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Clinical Center Rehabilitation Medicine
- Clinical Center Internal Medicine
- National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
What is this study about?
The purpose of this study is:
- To explore the clinical and biological phenotypes of post-infectious chronic fatigue syndrome (post-infectious ME/CFS)
- To explore the pathophysiologies of fatigue and post-exertional malaise (PEM)
What kind of commitment is involved?
Participation in this research study requires a 5-10 day initial phenotyping visit. Eligible participants for the subsequent exercise stress visit will be scheduled for a 10 day inpatient stay within 12 months of their initial visit. All research activities will take place at the Clinical Center of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
How can I ask questions or ask for help?